Gel Mate is a medical grade silicone gel sheet for scar management.
Gel Mate silicone gel sheeting is self adherent on one side and backed by an anti-microbial (bacteria resistant) cloth that glides under clothing on the other.
Click to enlarge:
- Medical grade silicone gel sheeting helps to flatten and soften raised scars and may prevent formation of hypertrophic (thickened) or Keloid scars.
- Silicone gel sheets help improve the color and appearance of new or mature scars.
- Only silicone gel sheeting applies long-term light pressure on scars, unlike rub-on gels or creams. Silicone gel has also been shown to add a hydrating effect to the scar and surrounding skin that helps in increasing mobility and faster healing.
- Silicone gel sheeting is reported to reduce the itching and discomfort experienced when scars begin to heal.
- Individually packaged sheets include a measurement grid on the back to determine the amount of sheeting issued or to document progress as the scar reduces in size.