Gel Mate® Silicone Gel Sheet
Gel Mate® is a medical grade silicone gel sheet for scar management. It is self adherent on one side and backed by an anti-microbial (bacteria resistant) cloth that glides under clothing. Gel Mate helps flatten and soften raised scars and may prevent formation of hypertrophic (thickened) or Keloid scars. Silicone gel sheets are 100% latex-free.
- Medical grade silicone gel sheeting helps to flatten and soften raised scars and may prevent formation of hypertrophic (thickened) or Keloid scars
- Silicone gel sheets help improve the color and appearance of new or mature scars
- Only silicone gel sheeting applies long-term light pressure on scars, unlike rub-on gels or creams; silicone gel has also been shown to add a hydrating effect to the scar and surrounding skin that helps in increasing mobility and faster healing
- Silicone gel sheeting is reported to reduce the itching and discomfort experienced when scars begin to heal
- Individually packaged sheets include a measurement grid on the back to determine the amount of sheeting issued or to document progress as the scar reduces in size